THE COLLECTIVE LIVES!
The Down The Line Collective is still moving forward, although a bit slowly. You can still get Western Grace’s punk rock masterpiece Take Back The Scene at their BandCamp page (westerngrace.bandcamp.com). If you like what you hear, download the digital version for free or contact Josh on Facebook to purchase a hard copy.
There are still a few other releases that we are working on, but the biggest one is a new release from alterna-rock legends Veil of Ashes! This will actually be a collection of demo songs from the early 90s, but mastered by Jason Martin of Starflyer 59 fame to sound as good as major label quality radio hits. Details are still being worked out, but the cover is finished and you can see it on the Veil of Ashes facebook page. Be on the lookout for Eternal Teenage Angst in the near future.
Don’t just complain about the world – do something to change it
Freedom Firm is “dedicated to the liberation of children enslaved in commercial sexual exploitation, to their effective rehabilitation, and to justice against those who have profited from their misery. We unapologetically stand dedicated to this cause and this cause alone. We are motivated by our faith in God to conduct our work with the highest ethical standards and to allocate our resources with uncompromising stewardship. We believe that every person has immeasurable value and therefore the exploitation of any person is an unacceptable violation of their God-given value.” See www.freedom.firm.in for more details.
(Freedom Firm did not buy this ad nor do they endorse this magazine – just givin’ ya food for thought)
- Letters to Us
- Steve’s Corner
- Matt’s Musings and Meanderings
- Steve Scott: “An Emotional Tourist”
- SLIDE: “Catching Up With SLIDE”
- Ping: “Jeff Elbel and a cast of uncompromising musicians complete their finest work.”
- The Predators: “Coming Roundabout After a 20 Year Break”
- Brian Godawa: “An interview with the Author of Noah Primeval“
- Asian Girl Playing an Upright Thai Fiddle (2012) by Steve Scott
- Bill Mallonee – Hardscrabble Dreams
- Scott Silletta – The Life And Times Of…
- SLIDE – Auto Tune Massacre
- Steve Scott – Emotional Tourist
- The 77s – Sticks and Stone (re-issue)
- Doug Burr – Trembling Lips and Pale Fingertips
- Crumbächer – Escape The Falling Planet (25th Anniversary Edition)
- Destroy Nate Allen – With Our Powers Combined
- Marco Machera – One Time, Somewhere
- either/orwell – either/orwell
- \Mind of the Sick – Anti-Devil Superstar
- Almost Ugly – Basement Tapes EP
- Branden Mann And The Reprimand – The Chemicals Won’t Balance
- Jump Ship Quick – Where Thieves Cannot Tread
- And How – Almost Tomorrow
- The Old-Timers – Soli Deo Gloria
- Ultra Monark – Exorcising Spirits
- Gold Beach – Gold Beach
- The Beckoning – War
- True Liberty – Marked for Life
- Unteachers / Grace & Thieves split
- The Choir – The Loudest Sound Ever Heard
- Government Hate Mail – S/T EP
- Mist Giant – Glass Walls
EDITORS: Matt Crosslin and Steve Ruff
MARKETING: Ulike-a Youtellafriend
WRITERS: Steve Ruff, Matt Crosslin, Joshua Lory, Bill Mallonee
COVER IMAGE: Steve Scott
LAYOUT: Matt Crosslin
WEB DESIGN: Matt Crosslin for Monsoon River Designs
U.S.A. – $0, Canada – $0
International – $0
Online – $0
If You Move:
Don’t lose your computer – you won’t be able to download the newest issue without one.
Letters and comments need to contain your full name. All submissions become property of Down the Line E-zine and may be edited or condensed. Or even printed out and framed if you really kiss our… um… never mind…
Down the Line covers bands that explored the intersection between faith and art in the 1980s through the early 1990s – even though they were probably never accepted in to what is called “Contemporary Christian Music” because they were too edgy or alternative or liberal or for whatever reason. Some of these bands may still be making music today, and others may have moved on. We cover these bands (active or dormant) as well as any new projects by former members of these bands and any new bands that may have the same spirit as these bands.
ALL IMAGE AND STORIES ARE THE COPY RIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE CREATOR. YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION TO RE-USE, RE-PUBLISH, OR RE-PRINT ANYTHING IN THIS MAGAZINE. SO THERE.